1. Fun Fact: Using blogger in Sweden turns everything Swedish.
2. Fun Fact #2: I am now in Sweden FINALLY! I landed this afternoon/evening, 5:30 local time (11:30 am EST or 8:30 am PST). The time difference is weird getting used to, coming from LA. When I used to come here from NJ, the 6 hours was easy and not too bad. 9 hours is a little weird.
3. That picture above is a lovely throwback to Sweden because it’s #tbt. It’s one of the first pictures I took on my first day in Stockholm for study abroad.
4. I am a sucker for these kinds of lists. 50 trips to take in the US? Yes please. I haven’t seen most of the country that I live in. And speaking of the US, I know I don’t live right by NYC anymore but I still want to do every one of the things on this list.
5. As someone who works in a restaurant, this pay it forward prank video warmed my heart. Good for her.
6. My aunt made an amazing dinner tonight. Beets were involved and apparently while cutting one, I ended up with beet juice splatter all over my face. Reminded me of these cookies I pinned a few weeks ago – they look good! Oh and this cake looks good. I want to drink up that brown butter glaze!
7. Traveling to Sweden was good but weird. My flight left LA at 5:45pm, landed in London 10.5 hours later at 12:30 local time. There were so many good movies on the flight, but I stuck with Frozen and That Awkward Moment just because I couldn’t hear a good portion of the dialogue (thanks airline headphones) so I didn’t want to ruin Her or Gravity on a plane sized screen. Also, Heathrow is a HUGE airport. Jesus. It took me almost an hour to go from plane to plane – I made it just on time to board. And then driving from Arlanda to where my family lives in Stockholm – it was serious déjà vu.
8. I will have internet, so my posts will be coming to you this week. And maybe some Swedish baking too 🙂