1. I love that you can get daffodils from Trader Joe’s for $1.29 or something absurdly cheap. They only lasted a few days but they were so bright and cheery that I think I might keep getting them!
2. I saw a screening of Divergent last night and I really liked it! I have to admit something. I haven’t read the books yet. I know, I know I’m super late on that train, but given that I didn’t read Hunger Games until a week before the first movie came out.. I think I’m just behind when it comes to popular fiction. I definitely think I’ll give myself a month before I read the books, so the movie isn’t fresh in my mind. But I really liked it. Shailene Woodley is fantastic and I’m loving her career so far. She’s good inspiration (and 2 years younger..)
3. I love Matthew McConaughey’s “Alright alright alright” drawl and this article explained where it came from. Crazy!
4. I started following a bunch new blogs on bloglovin (the site I use to read the dozens of blogs I love). Some of my new favorites, whether it’s for the recipes, the stories, or the pictures: Top with Cinnamon, Half Baked Harvest, and Blogging over Thyme.
5. This video of what this dog does after his owners leave is hysterical. I always wanted to place some cameras around my house to see what Molly would do while we were gone during the days. I don’t think she did anything bad but I’m just curious to see if she slept all day, played by herself, went from room to room.. You know, dog things.
6. Speaking of dogs, Jimmy Fallon’s parody “First Lick” is funny and adorable.
7. It’s been awhile since I last went on a hike, so I’m trying to make it my resolution to go 1-2 times a month, and hopefully go up from there. The Santa Monica mountains are only 15-20 minutes away and the hikes around there are beautiful and pretty quiet compared to the Hollywood Hills.
8. I also can’t believe I leave for Sweden in like a month and a half. I know it’s still a long way off, but I AM SO EXCITED.
9. Speaking of things Swedish, my favorite candy store in New York, Sockerbit, is opening up their LA store sometime this month apparently! YES!