1. I’ve been sick this week, so I haven’t really had much motivation to get in the kitchen. Over the weekend my nose wouldn’t stop running and it’s hard to bake when you’re blowing your nose every other minute. And then I was taking a wine class all day Monday and Tuesday for work, so I apologize it’s a little quieter around here this week. I’ll make it up to you tomorrow and next week!
2. The Oscars were on Sunday and I had a couple of friends over to watch after we all got off of work. I had DVRed them, popped some popcorn, and baked up some simple brown butter cookies. Overall, I really enjoyed the show this year. I liked Ellen’s understated way of hosting (versus the insane love I have for Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman with their song and dance), I was overall happy with who won. I LOVED Lupita’s acceptance speech. I can’t believe John Travolta messed Idina’s name up like that, but at least now everyone knows who she is! There were so many beautiful gowns and talented people in them. Someday…
3. Speaking of Idina, I loved this video of her performing “Let it Go” with Jimmy Fallon and the classroom instruments.
4. HOW COULD I FORGET?! It absolutely POURED this weekend in LA. It was the most wonderful magical glorious thing. There was thunder, there was lightning, there was cozy candles and tea… It was honestly so wonderful and I was SO HAPPY. Granted, I stayed inside because I value my life too much to be seen on the roads in LA during such weather (LA drivers don’t know how to drive in the rain). But oh my god was it wonderful.
5. These 8 Historical Facts that will change your perception of time DEFINITELY changed mine. So crazy.
6. This Guinness cake looks amazing. I need a bundt pan in my collection of pots and pans.
7. Oh and this Travoltify your name? Hysterical. Mine’s Sofia Speencer. What’s your name?
8. My boyfriend helped put this entire video together for TFA Las Vegas. Check it out!
9. Trophy Wife is one of my new favorite shows this year, so I loved reading this interview on Backstage with the woman who plays Jackie. She’s so funny (on the show and in real life) and so nice too.