1. I got my first red cup of the season at Starbucks this past weekend. I was in Vegas visiting my boyfriend, and when he had to go to work Saturday morning, I walked to Starbucks and treated myself to a yummy latte. Definitely a nice treat.
2. Speaking of Vegas, I whipped cream by hand this past weekend! My arm was exhausted but it felt like such an accomplishment. They frosted my pumpkin cupcakes (complete with a salted caramel drizzle over the top, duh). The whipped cream made for a nice light frosting, though I still like the original cream cheese frosting more.
3. This baby and puppy napping together? So adorable.
4. I can’t really describe but this ‘song’ is incredible. It’s a track with two layers – one layer with crickets at regular tempo and one layer with crickets stretched out. It’s beautiful.
5. I love seeing smart little girls.
6. After a few hangry (angry and/or upset) episodes this weekend (Sorry Ryan!) this article made me laugh.
7. I made Cookin’ Canuck’s Roasted Butternut Squash and Balsamic sauce the other night and made some gnocchi to go with it. Delicious! I have more sauce leftover so I’m looking forward to eating it up.
8. Next week is Thanksgiving. How is it already that time? November has LITERALLY disappeared. I’m so exciting for potato pie (essentially baked mashed potatoes with tons of cheese) and any/all desserts. Maybe I’ll post a mini round-up of desserts for people to make.
9. Have a great weekend!