Thanksgiving Sweets Roundup
I baked my first pie ever and blogged about it yesterday. And while I hope that you all will make a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, I thought I should look into my archives and see what sort of sweet delicious themed (i.e. pumpkin) desserts might be able to make an appearance on Thanksgiving as well!
Recipes with Pumpkin:
1. First up, we have the mini pumpkin cheesecakes with a gingersnap crust that I made last year! They are delicious and they were a huge hit. Perfect with a little serving of whipped cream. Because they’re mini and individual sized, you don’t have to worry about sharing. I need to make this recipe again soon and update the pictures, but that’s neither here nor there.
2. Then there are these pumpkin cupcakes with a maple cream cheese frosting. So delicious and festive, and the maple cream cheese is outstanding. A friend of mine is making them for her Thanksgiving, so why shouldn’t you?
3. If you want something festive for breakfast, make these easy pumpkin butter crescent rolls. They literally take less than 20 minutes and would be a great breakfast or snack to tide you over until the real feasting begins.
4. Another easy recipe would be pumpkin rice krispie treats! They’d be great if you don’t want to go through the hassle of baking or storing a dessert – just wrap them in some plastic wrap and they’ll keep just fine! No fridge needed, so you won’t have to worry about imposing on the host. Plus, who doesn’t like rice krispie treats?
5. My love for donuts is not a secret and I’m sure that a lot of you share that same opinion (because, um, donuts are awesome.) so why not make some pumpkin glazed donuts, either to have with dessert or for breakfast? Because donuts are totally a breakfast food (think Dunkin Donuts).
6. Or, if you’re a chocolate chip cookie lover like me, you might like this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe here. So good! And it uses the pumpkin butter from the crescent rolls, so just another excuse to buy a few jars from Trader Joes.
Other delicious desserts:
2. Pinot Noir Dark Chocolate Truffles for the adults at the table.
3. Mini honey spice chai cupcakes add some delicious spiced warmth.